This is a TRA contest originated by me(Paul DeGrey) with permission of the EC. The name of this contest is: What Happened Here? Grand Tour 2021. The object is to scour your state, or other states as you travel and search out historical markers. These may be state sponsored, organization sponsored, county, or city or even business sponsored. As long as it describes an historical event, person, or place. Statues are not allowed, only plaques such as the DUP ones. Or the old New Mexico signs. You must sign up for this and you will be given a number. You will make your own personal flag/sign that says TRA Historical Marker GT 2021 and your number. It must be large enough to be readable in your picture. It should be durable as you will use it for the entire contest. Rules:
1) You must take a picture of your bike, the historical marker, and your homemade flag. You are allowed up to 4 (four) markers without your bike in the picture in case you can't get it close enough.
2) You will take 2 pictures. One as described above and one a close up of the marker so that it can be read. Your flag does not have to be visible in this picture.
3) Be safe. Don't break any laws or park in an unsafe area. Keep yourself and machine safe. You may submit up to 4 markers without your bike in the picture, but your flag must be in the picture.
4) You may make your flag from anything you desire as long as you can fasten it to your bike. If you can sew or have someone who can, ask them to help you. If not, make it from paper and laminate it. I have used safety pins, clothes pins, report clips, wire to fasten the flag.
5) There will be prizes, but I don't know what yet.
A) First place, most markers.
B) Second place, second most different markers.
C) Third place, third most different markers.
D) The most different states.
The fun starts on March 15th, 2021 and ends October 30th , 2021.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED
You cannot enter any pictures taken before the start date or after the ending date. All pictures must be received by Saturday Nov 6th. Format must be either a memory stick or an SD card,regular or mini. Hard copy pictures will be accepted if you really want as will CD's, but the memory stick or SD card are prefered. If you want it back be sure to put some form of permanent id on it.
You can do this at your own pace, just when you are out for a ride or as an excuse to stop at that place you always wanted to but never have.